The Dark Realms are the home of souls without a cry for redemption. Upon the death of the body, the soul can either ascend or descend… this soul weight is determined by choice. Once all hope is lost and unspeakable evil has been done. Those sins committed without remorse, vengeance, murder, greed, lust, sins create soul weight, dragging them down the multiple caverns within The Pit.
As above, so below… six realms of darkness mirror the six realms of light, with the seventh depth hosting the power source of all that is evil… just as the seventh level Above hosts the Ultimate Power Source of The Universe—The Almighty.
Hope, Faith, Love, forgiveness, a fervent request for redemption, remove the weight, uplifts the spirit, and allows the soul to soar to blend in with other spirits of The Light. This is why the choices made in The Gray Zone are so critical. No angel in Heaven, not one Warrior of Light, or one spirit of lightness ever wants to lose a soul to the weight of unredeemed sin. Thus, the battle that is waged, one soul at a time, is mighty.
But, The Dark Realms have claimed many…
Levels[edit | edit source]
Level One[edit | edit source]
- Realm of Lost Souls
- Ruling Body: Pain Gangs
Confused, disembodied spirits filled with guilt and negative energy manifest as shades, ghosts, haints of etheric nature, mists, that bring a cloud of sadness, despair, coldness to the places where they last breathed life, and they cause minor disturbances to the natural world.
Level 1 is a light gray, barren, sandy place with illusive human figures, appearing disoriented. They laugh, yell and scream invectives at each other. Some laugh with insane, vacant stares. The realm of confusion, addictions, excess and wantonness. Some of the spirits don't even know they're dead. They have the ability to project and throw their voices. When humans hear ghostly voices or voices telling them to do foul deeds, it's usually from level 1. Occasionally one is brought up to the surface as a zombie.
Level Two[edit | edit source]
- Poltergeist Realm
- Ruling Body: Splinter Cells
- Level two is denser, where the disembodied spirits have more negative energy, more kinetic strength, and where poltergeist activity can be found. Jealousy, rage, brutal lies, and avarice live here.
A dark gray, barren, desert like place. Rocks and jagged cliffs all around. Sobs and piteous wails can be heard from all around. Angry ghosts live in the land of lost hopes, dreams and faith.
Level Three[edit | edit source]
- Demon Realm
- Ruling Body: Serpent Congress (reports to the Supreme Council)
- Level Three is denser still, is where the ether-like spirits begin to take twisted, demonic forms, compressed from evil ether by the weight of the deeper caverns, this is the outer region of the world of vengeance.
Shrieks of lost souls in the distance, the putrid smell and taste of sulfur among other smells. Rocks and gravel make up the demon tunnels. In The Awakening, Damali experienced invisible, threadlike tentacles and fingers grasping at her as well as rocks transforming into entities and hands coming up from the gravel to grab onto her.
The realm of nightmare entities, creatures that swim, slither, creep. Dark desires, black thoughts that remain in the haunted spaces of the human mind. Hatred, incest and other dark emotions that become manifest. The sound of despaired moaning is heard. Dripping, damp, mucus coated, smooth charcoal gray surfaces. Spanish moss, clingy vines and wet spider webs can be seen. Maggots rain from above while gnats and other pests fly about and glowing eyed vermin run in and out of hiding locations. Standing water ponds, black lakes and caverns with puddles that reek of sewage, rotting human flesh and garbage are all around.
Level Four[edit | edit source]
- Realm of the Amanraths (revenge demons)
- Ruling Body: Supreme Council
- Solid forms of actual revenge demons dwell-hatred is their fuel, acts of violence and hideous acts of revenge are their earthly manifestation. These forms have a shape, a body… made monstrosities of The Pit.
Shrieks and screams in the dense and humid jungle, the darkness a heavy weight. Things in the jungle slither with serpentine agility. Even the plants do a seductive, sultry snake dance. Dense, yellow sulfur surrounds everything and the moisture in the air is oppressive with fumes. Slithering,wet insects are everywhere. Eerie black slugs, slimy beetles, cockroaches, fat ambling grubs inch around in the dense, foliage.
Feeding Grounds: Half-alive, fetid human bodies twist in agony, groaning (and reaching for Carlos, upon his visit). Bloody, skinless, half crushed and vile. Empty eye sockets drip with a foul stream of green jelly clumps.
Level Five[edit | edit source]
- Realm of the Were-Demons.
- Ruling body: The Were-Senate
- Level Five is a dangerous, insidious realm of the were-demons, where twisted human forms are fused with primal, animal natures unchecked by the human spirit, devoid of remorse, impulse their single catalyst-these are the creatures of the night that visit in human form only to shapeshift into things unspeakable.
Screams of agony, mournful howls and perpetual night sounds echoing in the distance. A thick, dense black forest of tall, disfigured trees with no leaves intertwined with a bramble of thorns. A place so dark, even vampires have a hard time seeing. The ground is covered in human bones instead of twigs. and glowing yellow eyes can been seen staring at you.
Hatred and rage lives in level 5. The primal place of twisted passions and extreme, unnecessary violence.
Vampires loathe were demons. They have no formal alliance with the Were-Senate. A master vampire's reflex is to hunt down any were demons in their territory, regardless of gender. They wouldn't allow them near their females or allow them to poach in their zones. Were demons will try to rush a master vamp, using strength in numbers and wouldn't directly draw them to their already limited feeding zones. Were-demons are quick moving creatures.
Their feeding zones are limited not only to the phases of the moon but also where they were originally turned.
Level Six[edit | edit source]
- Realm of the Vampiri
- Ruling Body: The Vampire Council
- Level Six is the source of all treachery, highly evolved, but twisted and intelligent, possessing all the capabilities and evil in the realms before it… this is the realm of vampiri. This, most dangerous of The Dark Realms, is where evil politics shift world power amongst humans, money, levy nations to war, spoil environments, where true predators exist, where this shrewd entity is so highly evolved of the evil species that it can walk amongst men, conduct business, cut deals, and slither into the darkness without a trace-feeding on the innocent, turning and seducing even the most faithful. The Vampire Council rules this realm from the black, five-pointed pentagram of power table, one star point for every continent, one Council Level master vampire for every landmass, where the nameless CEO of all darkness, crowns the center of their boardroom table. This is why The Neteru comes as a vampire huntress or hunter.
The realm of predators. Those who prey on the weak minded for power, ambition, material gain, those with blind ambition. Their souls bottom out on level 6.
Characters[edit | edit source]
For a full list of vampire characters, see: Vampires.
Level Seven[edit | edit source]
- Realm of the Fallen Angel
- Ruling Body: Lucifer
- The lowest level of the Dark Realms, this is the level reserved exclusively for Lucifer. From here, he reigns over all evil.