Madame Isis is a thirty-six inch, seven thousand year-old, silver plated, triple blade with jewel encrusted handle specifically designed to instantly behead or penetrate the reinforced chest cavity of master vampires with silver alloys, steel, and crucifix formation blood grooves. In most cases, the religious symbols from the twelve major world religions that are etched along the blade edges will also cause spontaneous combustion when vampire or demon blood is drawn. Companion weapon – “The Baby Isis” dagger.
The handle is an ornate, gold and silver handle with 7 gemstones and an intricate pommel. There's a ruby at the base followed by golden topaz, an emerald at the heart level, sapphire, blue topaz, amethyst and is crowned by a large diamond. The 7 stones in the handle are said to represent the chakra alignment described in eastern philosophy. The invisible energy fields that govern a part of the body and spirit, running up the spine were placed in the handle, making grip-ridges for the wielders hand. The warrior goddess Isis that had slain a demon serpent, cast from Kemetian pyramid metals makes up the pommel.
Three blades, etched with Adrinka symbols down the lengths form a trinity that come to a point. The Isis is sheathed in an ancient, mahogany scabbard.
Replica[edit | edit source]
Commissioned by Charlie Athanas and created by Tony Swatton,
Four blood gutters run into a single 36” steel forged blade with a gold-plated handle studded with semi-precious stones and hand etched cobra snakes and hieroglyphics.
Giveaway[edit | edit source]
The blade was originally intended to be auctioned off for charity by the Devil's Candy Store, it was later given away to the winner of an essay contest. The Devil's Candy Store removed identifying content from the essay's before sending then to L.A. Banks to pick a winner. The sword was given away to Portia Adams. It was on display at the San Diego Comic-Con in 2008 and again at the 12 Tribes Compound Summit on February 13, 2009.
MADAME ISIS SWORD CONTEST: Become "The Keeper of the Sword”!!![edit | edit source]
You can own Damali Richard’s Madame Isis shero sword. The Devil’s Candy Store is holding an essay contest that will be judged by L. A. Banks. The winner will receive the Madame Isis sword created by Hollywood armourer, Tony Swatton (a $6,000 value).
Originally to be offered at auction, this gold-plated, gem-encrusted, one-of-a-kind vampire-killing sword will end up in the hands of the Vampire Huntress Legend most deserving fan. The winner will be presented with the Madame Isis sword on Saturday, February 14, 2009 during the Twelve Tribes Convergence Summit in Philadelphia, PA.
Here is the contest:
1. Write a one page essay that answers these questions:
a. Which major themes in the Vampire Huntress Legend series resonated with you?
b. Why will you make the best "Keeper of the Sword"?
2. The font size must be no smaller than 12 point.
3. No more than 600 words.
4. Any entry not meeting the criteria will be disqualified.
5. Entries must be by e-mailed to email@example.com by midnight, January 31, 2009.
Contest Small Print (Please read):
- Applicants must be age 21 or over, as this sword can be considered a weapon.
- All essays will be passed on to L. A. Banks without names attached to allow the best essay to win on it’s own merits.
- Armourer Tony Swatton, The Devil's Candy Store, L.A. Banks are not responsible in any way for any injury sustained in the future by the sword.
- Armourer Tony Swatton, The Devil's Candy Store, L.A. Banks are not responsible for any future repairs of the Madame Isis Sword and/or its case.
- The deadline for receipt of your essay is midnight on January 31, 2009.
- This contest is sponsored by The Devil's Candy Store and in accordance with the wishes of author and creator L.A. Banks.
- Only one entry per person is accepted. - The winner need not be present.
- The prize is as stated and there will be no exchanges of prizes given.
- The Devil's Candy Store, L.A. Banks, and the L.A. Banks Street Team all have the right to post the winning entry and winner's image on any promotional materials, printed material, YouTube, and on all L.A. Banks and The Devil’s Candy Store related forums, blogs and online social networks.
- The winner must sign an image release permitting use of their image on any promotional materials to qualify for receipt of the Madame Isis sword.
Madame Isis Hero Sword[edit | edit source]
Designed and made by Hollywood armourer, Tony Swatton of Sword and Stone.
The 42" sword is one-of-a-kind and handmade by Tony Swatton, a master bladesmith who has created swords for Zorro, Blade, Pirates of the Caribbean and Hellboy.
The blade is forged from stainless steel and has a cruciform
cross-section based on L. A. Banks' description from her Vampire Huntress series.The hilt is cast in Bronze by the lost wax process and gold-plated around various gemstones that correspond to the body chakras.
Contest End[edit | edit source]
The Devil’s Candy Store held an essay contest judged by L. A. Banks. The winner, Portia Adams, receives the Madame Isis sword created by Hollywood armourer, Tony Swatton.
This gold-plated, gem-encrusted, one-of-a-kind vampire-killing sword ended up in the hands of the Vampire Huntress Legend most deserving fan. The winner was announced Saturday, February 14, 2009 during the Twelve Tribes Convergence Summit in Philadelphia, PA.
Winning Essay[edit | edit source]
Here is the Winning Essay:
“The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he didn’t exist;” then perhaps the second greatest was convincing the faithful that only one viewpoint could be correct. So those who still believe are distracted and preoccupied. Not honing the principles of religion—love, acceptance, faith, hope, good will, enlightenment, etc.—, but conflicting over how and who best to demonstrate it. Which name and prophets quoted, how to stand against evil, the role of man and woman, which race is “chosen” are details that distract people from the fact that we are on the same side, fighting for and believing in the same cause. And as we destroy each other, even those who hold faith prove no contest to evil. The Vampire Huntress Legend series has many profound messages: the power of love and faith, the connectivity of all things, etc. However, for those reasons, one of the most resonating messages of the series is unity, inclusion, and acceptance.
The most obvious example of unity in the series is the Neteru Guardian team itself. African, European, Asian, and Spanish descendants live, fight, and love together for the greater good. After all, if God is truly creator of all mankind, then every race is “the chosen race.” Likewise, the inclusion of all family members in the battle is beautiful. Men and women are written in their complex duality and yet still shown to compliment; even the child brought a gift and played a part. It reminds us that we fight as family—physically, spiritually or otherwise, as one people. Lastly, the representation of all major religions is uplifting. “Which religion is right? If I spend my whole life praying but chose the wrong church will I still go to hell?” This doubt belittles faith and undermines the point of all religion—enlightenment, peace, and love. It`s profound to see how Jewish, Catholic, Christian and others, even less orthodox Wiccan and numerological, practices and practitioners can contribute to the Light and find acceptance under God. Of all aspects of unity represented, this is perhaps most difficult to comprehend and the most important to achieve. Also appreciated is the author’s realistic approach to the living situation. At times cultures clashed or were misunderstood and the team struggled. The continual triumph of each member in learning about each other and staying unified is a powerful message.
I would make the best Keeper of the Sword because my appreciation of the series goes beyond fandom. I love the characters and storyline. I admire the author and tell my friends about the series. More than that though, I am touched by the message the saga brings to the people. I reference the ideas and scenarios when discussing the state and events of the world with friends who haven’t read it. Likewise, I researched the connectivity, symbolism, and numerology to gain new understanding. It was a pleasure to find minds to dissect and reflect on the information—religious, historical, geographical, etc.—provided. So the stories weren’t just read; the significance of each was absorbed. I hope to be able to apply all lessons learned, given and inspired, to my life. I currently practice aikido and archery, because I believe that real fitness and success require inner and outer preparedness; and I may not be a warrior the same as these amazing characters, but I still intend to stand for a better world. I would be honored to safeguard such a symbol of the real-life battle against the darkness in the world and in ourselves, and the perseverance of Light and spirit under God.
- Portia Adams
L.A. Banks Sees Madame Isis First Time[edit | edit source]
Below is video of Leslie seeing the sword for the very first time. We took this because Tony Swatton couldn't be there when Leslie got to see the sword unveiled. the sword was not finished at the time. It still needed to be gold-plated and symbols etched into the blade and on the pommel. This was shot at The Devil's Candy Store booth during the San Diego Comic-Con 2008. With her in the booth is Aly Greaves of WildClaw Theatre.
|L.A. Banks Sees Madame Isis First Time|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Exotic Contraband: LA Banks' Vampire Huntress Legend Concept Art Book contains some of Tony Swatton's original pencil sketches for the Isis Blade.
References[edit | edit source]
-  Blade description by author L.A. Banks.
-  Charity auction mentions.
-  Winner of the Madame Isis blade.
-  12 Tribes Compound Summit
-  Commissioned by Charlie Athanas and created by Tony Swatton.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://web.archive.org/web/20080917081124/http://leslieesdailebanks.com:80/blog/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://web.archive.org/web/20080705031427/http://www.leslieesdailebanks.com/blog/
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://web.archive.org/web/20080917081124/http://leslieesdailebanks.com:80/blog/
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 https://youtu.be/eE7lwPHoOfk
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 http://web.archive.org/web/20090509102219/http://leslieesdailebanks.com/blog/page/2
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/20090224035754/http://thedevilscandystore.com:80/devil_html/madame_isis_contest.html
- ↑ https://twitter.com/Charlie_Athanas/status/1148770129410494464
|Edits to this page before January 1, 2021 use CC-BY-SA-licensed content from the Fandom Vampire Huntress Legend Series Wiki.|